Sunday, August 12, 2012

Design Time (Hopefully on a Dime)

So as you all know, I have just recently entered into the real world of adulthood by choosing to live in an apt. Throughout the entire process I have been in the process of trying to decide how I want to decorate my room. Needless to say, I have changed my mind about 5 million times and I have still really yet to settle on anything definite. I want something with a nice, homey feel; but I also want it to be chic with clean lines.  The best part is that I don't need much furniture. I just need to button down the actual decor that I want, and have money to create this homey, yet chic look. After scrounging around pinterest and hgtv I have come up with these as my inspiration photos.


This last picture is my favorite and will serve as the main inspiration for my room. I want to have the bright feel during the day, but a nice sultry feel during the evening time that will enable me to sleep better.

I guess I feel the need to explain that my bedroom is pretty small (10 x 13) so the items that I choose to surround myself with must serve a purpose; I will leave the purely decorative items to the walls. Also, I want to make sure that the items in my room are conducive to a relaxing feel. Having lived in a dorm room for the past four years not only have I been confined to sharing a room with someone else, but also my space has had to serve multiple purposes. Now that I have the luxury of living in an apartment, I can afford to leave my bedroom space for pure R & R.

I want something, pretty that makes me feel comfortable and happy to come home to. I want to feel that this room is my safe haven from the outside world. Also, I want to be able to enjoy the spilling of natural sunlight on my face in the morning from my window.

No comments:

Post a Comment